Friday 3 May 2013

Deception (4.1%) by Abbeydale

 I do count my blessings in that I live in a city of ale. Sheffield possesses an almost unrivalled wealth of great pubs that serve quality ales, many of which are local and some are from the umpteen breweries within the Steel City boundaries.  Abbeydale is one of the best and most decorated.

Now then, Blond ales are not usually my preferred pint but Deception is a cut above. It arrives packing a pungent grapefruit aroma and appears clear and golden. It is as refreshing as a four pack of, err, refreshers and quenches the thirst whilst leaving you wanting another pint. Or two. Citrus abounds and it combines with bitter tastes that are lasting and grow on the palate.
It is a popular pint around the discerning pubs of Sheffield (although Moonshine is allegedly even more popular!) but the best Deception that I have tasted has been at Shakespeare`s (where it is house beer / everpresent) and at The Ale House, Fraser Road,, with the former being Sheffield`s best value pint in my opinion at an agreeable £2.30!

MIKE`S Score - 8.5
Danny's Score - 7.5

No comments:

Post a Comment