Wednesday 24 April 2013

Kipling by Thornbridge (5.2%)


With Spring finally upon us, I thought we had to include one of our very favorite beers from the past few years. Both us beer geeks got into sampling quality ales through our love for Jaipur, at least the Jaipur as it used to taste 5 years ago before the mass production and simplifying of the recipe. In my eyes, Kipling has always been a like a paler, younger sister to Thornbridge`s flagship ale but easier / safer to sup than Jaipur which is 5.9%.
When it is good you can get the aroma of Kipling before you even see it. A smack of citrus comes from the passion fruit and kiwis that make this South Pacific Ale a bit special, perfectly complementing one of my favourite hops in Nelson Sauvin. I have had this beer too early several times and it can appear too hazy and overly bitter if it`s not ready. That criticism could certainly not be levelled at the pints of it embibed at The Coach and Horses, Dronfield, or at The Cross Scythes. Give it a try before the Winter returns!

Mike`s Score - 9
Danny`s Score -9

Kipling is my favourite Thornbridge beer. Much better than Jaipur in my opinion

No comments:

Post a Comment